- Director of Nursing responsible for leadership and decision authority for the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
- Direct ongoing process of curriculum development.
- Accountable to college, state and national accreditation agencies for program outcomes.
- Work in a professional and collegial manner with faculty, students, and community stakeholders.
- Tenured nursing professor within the Maxine S. Jacobs Nursing Program at Truckee Meadows Community College.
- Experience with curriculum creation, revision and implementation.
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing site visitor.
- Registered nurse with experience in pediatrics and pediatric urgent care and extensive experience in pre-operative and PACU nursing and management in an ambulatory surgical setting.
October 2019-Present –Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
ACEN Site Visitor
- Conduct site visits of associate degree nursing programs.
- Responsible for evaluation of nursing programs using ACEN Standards and Criteria.
- Work in collaboration with site visit team and nursing program director, faculty and college administration.
July 2012-Present- Truckee Meadows Community College, Reno, NV
Director of Nursing/Nursing Professor
- Member of College Program Unit Review Committee.
- Responsible for systematic evaluation plan and monitoring of outcomes for nursing program.
- Member of Sabbatical Committee.
August 2005 to Present – Truckee Meadows Community College, Reno, NV
- Nursing Professor in concept-based nursing program.
- Level 1 Clinical Coordinator. Responsible for scheduling and coordinating faculty and students in clinical sites.
- Member of Lead Faculty Committee.
- Nursing Laboratory clinical faculty.
- Responsible for students in clinical and lecture setting including evaluation, feedback, and mentoring.
- Member of Nursing Program Readmission Committee responsible for evaluating requests of current nursing students for readmission into the program and recommending action to faculty members.
- Co-Chair of faculty Outcomes committee responsible for collection, analysis and recording of data regarding systematic program evaluation.
- Member of Truckee Meadows Community College Faculty Senate Curriculum Assessment Program Committee.
- Member of nursing program Curriculum Committee.
- Member of faculty screening committee for new faculty 2008.
- Pediatric theory nursing instructor. Pediatric clinical nursing instructor and clinical coordinator for all pediatric nursing care clinical instructors and students.
- Nursing Today theory instructor which includes current nursing trends and information for senior nursing students.
August 2003 to August 2008 – Laxalt & Nomura, Attorneys at Law, Reno, NV.
- Review of medical records and creation of critical facts summaries for class action medical lawsuits.
January 2003 to December 2005 – Washoe Medical Center, Reno, NV
Staff RN- Pediatric Urgent Care
- Phone triage and treatment nurse for pediatric patients in afterhours setting.
- Education of parents and families regarding childhood illness, health prevention and promotion.
March 2002 to January 2003 – Carson Ambulatory Surgical Center, Carson City, NV
Staff RN- Pre-op/PACU.
- Responsible for care of pediatric and adult surgical patients in an ambulatory surgical setting.
January 2000 to March 2002 – Quail Surgical and Pain Management Center, Reno, NV
Charge RN/Preadmission RN – Pre-op/PACU RN
- Caring for patients in an ambulatory surgical setting.
- Experience in general surgery, orthopedics, otolaryngology, plastics, urology, gynecology, ophthalmology, and pain management.
- Management of day-to-day flow and scheduling.
- Participation in review and revision of policies and procedures.
- Responsible for pre-admission and pre-operative testing of surgical and pain management patients.
December 1994 to October 1999 – Center For Outpatient Surgery Reno, NV
RN Team Leader – Pre-op/PACU
- Responsible for care of adult and pediatric surgical patients in an ambulatory surgical setting.
- Responsible for management of 16 employees.
- Management of employee scheduling and day-to-day flow.
- Responsible for staff evaluations, discipline and monthly staff in-services.
- Responsible for clinical Pre-op/PACU policies and procedures, and clinical component of JCAHO and state surveys.
June 1994 to December 1994 – Washoe Medical Center, Reno, NV
- Care of pediatric and pediatric ICU patients.
- Experience with ventilators, central lines and IV skills.
May 1993 to June 1994 – Sunrise Hospital, Las Vegas, NV
Staff RN – Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Care of the pediatric hematology/oncology patient.
- Chemotherapy certification.
- Care of the ICU step-down patient.
- 1993, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, BSN
- 2005, University of Phoenix, Phoenix, MSN
- Currently completing Doctor of Nursing Practice, Grand Canyon University: expected graduation September 2020
- Member- Sigma Theta Tau Honor Society
- Member National League for Nursing
- Past Member Nevada State Board of Nursing Education Advisory Committee
- Department of Education, Health Science I and II Standards Writer
- Washoe County School District Career and Technical Education Committee member
- Deans and Directors
- Nevada Registered Nurse License
- Basic Life Support Certification
- Boot Camp for Nurse Educators, New Mexico, 2006
- National League for Nursing Educational Summit, September 2007
- National League for Nursing Educational Summit, September 2009
- National League for Nursing Accreditation Commission Update in Las Vegas, Nevada, 2007.
- Faculty Clinical Training Academy Day 1, December 2011
- Faculty Clinical Training Academy Day 2, May 2012
- National Association for Associate Degree Nurses Conference November 2013
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing Self-Study Forum 2014
- National League for Nursing Education Summit, October 2015
- National League for Nursing Education Summit, October 2018
- Co-taught Backwards Course Design during TMCC Professional Development week, Fall 2007 with two other TMCC faculty.
- Board of Regents Academy, Las Vegas, 2007
- Clinical Evaluation Tool Design, 2008
- Diversity Training, Truckee Meadows Community College, March 2012
- Leadership Training, Truckee Meadows Community College, July 2012
- Effectively Leading an ACEN-Accredited Program – Workshop for the Nurse Administrator 2014
- ACEN Self-Study Forum, September 2018
- Brown School Elementary PTO board member, 2008-2010
- Brown School Elementary Reading Week volunteer
- Galena-Steamboat Citizens Advisory Board member 2009-2011
- Girl Scouts of America Troop Leader, 2004-2009
- Operation Health Care Bound volunteer
- Go Red for Heart Disease Awareness volunteer 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018
- High School Nursing Career Outreach 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Principle for a Day program with Washoe County School District 2014, 2018