Saint Mary’s RN Transition to Practice Program
Saint Mary’s Transition to Practice Program (TPP) is designed to help RN Graduates transition from students to professional nurses, while enhancing clinical competence. Participants in this program develop clinical proficiency through evidence-based practices and supervised clinical experiences, with an emphasis on clinical applications within the hospital setting. The program is designed around the goal of providing a supportive, enriching environment where the new RN graduates achieve safe and efficient independent practice. The Transition to Practice Program consists of classroom learning, precepted clinical shifts and mentorship.
Candidates must be able to work full-time consistently throughout the program. Candidates are expected to complete a 1 year commitment of independent practice to their hiring unit. The receipt of benefits is contingent upon the employee’s continued active employment as full-time, in good standing, and in compliance with the terms of the policy.
Available Nursing Units:
Medical, Post-Surgical Acute, Neuro Telemetry, Cardiac Telemetry & Emergency Room
Units that will train RN graduates will vary. It is the goal of Saint Mary’s nursing leadership to post positions in a variety of units to match the RN graduate with their first or second choice. The units available per cohort will be stated on the job posting.
Important dates for the Summer 2022 Cohort:
- Applications accepted 2022 by Clicking Here (In Career Search Bar: enter TPP Staff RN – New Graduate)
- Transition to Practice Program General Orientation Begins October 17th, 2022 (early start option for September 19th)
Criteria for Applicants*:
- Must have graduated from an accredited nursing program within one year from the beginning of the TPP program
- Must have active, unencumbered State of Nevada Registered Nurse License by October 1st, 2022
*All applicants must apply online. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please submit these items with your online application:
- Resume AND Personal Statement: 500 words or less telling us why you want to be a part of the Saint Mary’s team! In the heading of your personal statement please include your top two desired units. Available units will be listed within the New Graduate job posting.
For more information about our Transition to Practice Program, please contact:
Jennifer Cosenza Towne, Clinical Educator
Saint Mary’s Human Resources Department at 775-770-3001