Reno, Nevada (November 8, 2022) – Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center, a member of Prime Healthcare, recently received numerous clinical Specialty Excellence Awards™ from Healthgrades, the leading marketplace connecting doctors and patients. In addition to the more than one dozen Specialty Excellence Awards™, Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center was announced as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals for both Spine and Prostate Surgery, becoming the only hospital in Nevada to receive the honor. This achievement reflects the hospital’s outstanding clinical performance in these areas and puts Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center in the top 5% of hospitals nationwide for outcomes in spinal or prostate cases.
“We are incredibly proud of the hard work and dedication of our clinical teams,” said Derrick Glum, CEO of Saint Mary’s Health Network. “A number of our service lines were acknowledged for an astounding 9th consecutive year, which is a testament to the commitment our staff have to providing high-quality care to all Saint Mary’s patients.”
Healthgrades evaluated patient mortality and complication rates for 31 of the most common conditions and procedures at nearly 4,500 hospitals across the country to identify the top-performing hospitals for specialty care.
Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center was also recognized by Healthgrades for the following clinical achievements:
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Spine Surgery for 7 Years in a Row (2017-2023)
- Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Prostate Surgeries for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Healthgrades Spine Surgery Excellence Award™ for 7 Years in a Row (2017-2023)
- Healthgrades Prostate Surgery Excellence Award™ for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Pacemaker Procedures for 9 Years in a Row (2015-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Hip Fracture Treatment for 9 Years in a Row (2015-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 7 Years in a Row (2017-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Carotid Procedures for 8 Years in a Row (2016-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Transurethral Prostate Resection Surgery for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Gallbladder Removal Surgery for 7 Years in a Row (2017-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Appendectomy for 8 Years in a Row (2016-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Treatment of Diabetic Emergencies in 2023
- Five-Star Recipient for C-Section Delivery for 8 Years in a Row (2015-2022)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Prostate Surgery in 2023
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Spine Surgery for 6 Years in a Row (2018-2023)
- Named Among the Top 5% in the Nation for Patient Safety for 6 Years in a Row (2017-2022)
“We commend Saint Mary’s Regional Medical Center for their ongoing commitment to providing high-quality care to patients being treated for spine and prostate care,” said Brad Bowman, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Head of Data Science at Healthgrades. “Consumers can feel confident that America’s 100 Best Hospitals for both Spine Surgery and Prostate Surgery have demonstrated their ability to deliver consistently exceptional outcomes.”
Consumers can visit Healthgrades.com to learn more about how Healthgrades measures hospital quality and access a patient-friendly overview of the complete methodology here. As a system, Prime Healthcare received 254 awards for the 2023 cycle, all of which can be found here.
*Statistics are based on Healthgrades analysis of MedPAR data for years 2019 through 2021 and represent three-year estimates for Medicare patients only. For appendectomy and bariatric surgery, Healthgrades used inpatient data from 16 states that provide all-payer data for years 2019 through 2021. Click here to view the complete 2023 Specialty Excellence Awards and Ratings Methodology.